DESCOVY for PrEP®?
- It is not for use in people assigned female at birth who are at risk of getting HIV from vaginal sex, because its effectiveness has not been studied.
- You must be
HIV-negativebefore and while taking DESCOVY for PrEP.
Visually track your daily
DESCOVY for PrEP routine with the DayTracker pack
Meet the DayTracker pack, a 30-day supply of
Before and while taking
DESCOVY for PrEP
You must be
- Get tested for HIV immediately before and at least every 3 months while taking DESCOVY
- If you think you were exposed to HIV, tell your healthcare provider right away
Many HIV tests can miss HIV infection in a person who has recently become infected.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you had a flu-like illness within the last month before starting or while taking DESCOVY
- Using latex or polyurethane condoms and lube
- Talking to your partner(s) about HIV and STI status and testing
- Getting tested regularly for HIV and other STIs
- Talking to a healthcare provider about how to help reduce the risk of getting STIs, including HIV
DESCOVY can cause serious side effects:
- Worsening of hepatitis B (HBV) infection. Your healthcare provider will test you for HBV. If you have HBV and stop taking DESCOVY, your HBV may suddenly get worse. Do not stop taking DESCOVY without first talking to your healthcare provider, as they will need to check your health or give you HBV medicine.
Get to know the DayTracker with these frequently asked questions
Here is some additional information to help you get started on your
The DayTracker pack is a 30-day supply of a
Talk to a healthcare provider to see if
Getting the DayTracker pack does not change the cost of a
*For commercially insured eligible patients only. Restrictions apply. See terms and conditions at GileadAdvancingAccess.com.
Using the DayTracker pack is simple:
- Lift up the pill pod
- Tear it out from the pack
- Peel off the foil backing—be sure to dispose of the foil and the white film insert included with the pill. Do not eat the white insert
- Pop the pill from its pod and take your
DESCOVY for PrEPas prescribed
The white film insert included with the pill is called a desiccant—it helps keep your pills dry. The white insert should not be eaten.
No, the DayTracker pack seamlessly fits into your daily routine. With the DayTracker, you should still be taking your
In the DayTracker pack, your pills are laid out in rows so you can easily see when you’ve taken your
The DayTracker pack includes a refill reminder on day 23—that way you can quickly see when it is time to contact your pharmacy or healthcare provider for a refill.
If you currently receive
*Only available if you already have a 90-day prescription or if your insurance provider allows. Coverage for a 90-day supply of